Friday 10 March 2017

Blog Post 3

This time, I've looked into the way that a double-page spread is structured in music magazines. The way a music magazine structures its double-page spread, unsurprisingly, contains very little information, and the story itself continues on proceeding pages. The double page-spread is typically the main story or headline in a magazine release.

Here are a few different Rolling Stone double page spread (be warned: the uninspiredness of this is palpable):



It's a little off-putting to see how similarly they are structured, but this gives me a decent idea of what I can do with this, and what I can deviate from. Personally, I find the amount of sameness of this structure to be a bit claustrophobic, and I'm going to be using a similar style to that of a guitar magazine, where the artist is highlighted in a photograph, but the focus is on the interview or article itself.

These are a couple of examples of how I'd rather build my double-page spread:



This way of structuring the article gives a lot more focus on the actual article or interview itself, and it gives me a better feeling of integrity, rather than judging the publishers and authors for being uninspired and sparse on information.

No comments:

Post a Comment