Thursday 9 March 2017

Blog Post 2

I've begun a lot of research on the magazine itself. A lot of what I've been researching includes a lot of online music programs and some pop culture magazines, such as Rolling Stone and Billboard as well as more specialized magazines, such as Premier Guitar and Guitar World (I'm a guitarist, what can I say?)

There are a variety of mainstream music magazines that cover music news and give plenty of attention to popular artists and bands. This, however, does not fully encompass the ideas that I intend to enact. I believe the best way to go about this is to apply the methods of showing off bands and artists and interviewing them, but with less mainstream bands and artists, including local ones.

My next bit of research includes the structuring of the front page cover. Typically, you see music magazines like this:

This style of magazine almost always depicts the main artist of the issue in front of a blank background, which has become a staple of the music magazine medium. I'm going to try to achieve this in a similar way through a green-screen, which I have access to from one of my artist friends. This should (hopefully) provide a similar desired effect.

Next time, I'm going to be looking into the way in which the 2-page spread is laid out and how the actual article itself is structured.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment